This Thursday, March 9, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will vote on the confirmation of David Friedman as the next U.S. ambassador to Israel. Assuming he is approved, the full Senate will then vote on the nomination, either later that day or soon after.
It is critical that we contact our Senators and request they support David Friedman as the next U.S. ambassador to Israel. He is eminently qualified, a supporter of growing the bilateral U.S.-Israel relationship, a true friend of Israel, and a long-time supporter of Jewish and Israeli causes.
There is a concerted effort to deny Friedman the nomination. Anti-Israel leftist organizations, including Jewish organizations, are actively working against his nomination.
Just yesterday, San Francisco Senator Dianne Feinstein, came out against his nomination. Senator Minority Leader Charles Schumer of New York has yet to state his position on Friedman.
We are also dismayed that both AIPAC and the ADL have so far remained silent and have not come out publicly in favor of Friedman's confirmation. Both organizations represent a broad spectrum of American Jewry, and it is imperative that they get behind President Trump's nominee for ambassador to Israel.
Contact your Senators here:
Here is a list of those organizations that have so far endorsed David Friedman's nomination:
- AFSI: Americans For a Safe Israel
- American Friends of International Young Israel Movement
- COPMA: Citizens Opposed to Propaganda Masquerading as Art
- Coalition for Jewish Values
- COPIA: Coalition of Pro-Israel Advocates
- Coordinating Council for the Jewish Homeland
- EMET: Endowment for Middle East Truth
- Israel Independence Fund
- Jewish Political Education Foundation
- National Council of Young IsraeI
- OJC: Orthodox Jewish Chamber of Commerce
- RZA: Religious Zionists of America
- Republican Jewish Coalition
- Republicans Overseas - Israel
- Sephardic Community Federation
- Zionist Organization of America
In addition, both the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and the Jewish Federations of North America have issued positive, supportive statements about David.
The following organizations are opposing his nomination:
- Americans for Peace Now
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Partners for Progressive Israel
- Union for Reform Judaism
CONTACT YOUR SENATORS.
LET'S MAKE SURE DAVID FRIEDMAN GETS CONFIRMED!