IF NOT US is AFSI’s new Youth Program that will bring thousands of students attending gap year programs in Israel on day trips into Judea, Samaria, the Jordan Valley and areas currently experiencing conflict. Students will learn the truth about Israel and understand the importance of a whole Israel. They will develop the ability and desire to spread the truth to their families and friends and stand up for Israel. An Ambassador Program will identify selected youth with leadership potential to give them professional training and develop them into true young advocates for Israel. They will then be able to return to campuses all over the U.S. and stand up for Israel. We feel this is the next front in Israel Advocacy.
IF NOT US is directed by Rabbi Uri Pilichowski who has years of experience teaching young people.
- KailaSeeing Jews and Arabs work together and showing there can be peace if it was wanted
- TziporahLearning about Yericho and its lack of terrorism in comparison with other areas
- MackenzieGoing to Rabbi Uri's house and learning why he would sign off on paying off his mortgage even if he would have to give up his house, all to live where he does and stand for our rights
- BarrySeeing interaction of Arabs and Israelis in the industrial area and Khan al Amar - it really gave a very clear picture to a news story that is so important for proponents of Israel to fully understand. Also being in Rav Uri’s home - a settler - is so powerful. It is important to see that settlers aren’t crazy extremists as they are portrayed in the media
- AviWe learned how the Jews keep the Palestinians safe from Hamas because if we left and gave them the land Hamas would just take the land from them and fire rockets at Israel
- ShuaSeeing that the checkpoints were not abusing anyone and are peaceful
- AnonymousAlthough I already knew the facts, being able to see the way things work take it to a whole new level