Tri- State Regional Office
AFSI in the Tri-State Area is your home for local events and resources to strengthen your connection to Israel in your community.
Facebook Group Americans For a Safe Israel – AFSI
New York Chapters
Rochester, NY – Dr. Leon Szmedra
Long Island – Hanna Cohen
November 15, 2017
AFSI Brooklyn at the Kingsway Jewish Center presented an evening with Eve Harow, Israel Radio Personality and International Spokesperson on “50 Years Since 1967: Liberation or Occupation?”
November 6, 2017
Brooklyn AFSI meeting commemorated Shabbat Chayei Sarah: 100-Year Anniversary of the Balfour Declaration; Holocaust Museum on Har Zion; learned about a new Hebrew book with a curriculum to teach Sheleimus Haaretz. Members reported on their Brooklyn AFSI activism.
View more Annual Jabotinsky Memorial photos here.
Brooklyn Branch Focus
Fighting BDS in Park Slope Food Coop and Elsewhere
- We have a blog that actively challenges and exposes BDS in the Park Slope Food Coop (Brooklyn) and elsewhere. Visit AbolishBDS.blogspot.com BS” D (not BDS) Concerned Citizens Alerting Their Communities of the Dangers and Infiltration of BDS and exposing those that promote BDS like Linda Sarsour and her political supporters. We have collaborated with the ZOA Legal Department.
Sheleimus Haaretz: Work with Chabad Activists from Crown Heights, Brooklyn on Behalf of Eretz Yisroel
- Brooklyn AFSI Participants, Rabbi Raanan Isseroff and Tamar Adelstein are leaders from Crown Heights in Shleimus Haaretz. Raanan is behind an amazing website which documents videos of and positions taken by the Rebbe regarding the integrity of the Land of Israel.
Lobby Rabbanim and Major Jewish Organizations to Speak up for Judea and Samaria
- Against expelling Jews from their homes.
- On behalf of hilltop youth who have been persecuted by Shabak or in the press.
- Lobby Rabbis and Major Jewish Organizations regularly to assert our claim to Ma’arat HaMachpela in Hebron and Har Habayit.
- Shmuel Koenig, resident of Flatbush, has been calling members of the Moezet Gedolei HaTorah in the Tri-State area to raise awareness and consciousness of Marienbad Resolutions of 1937. Moetzet Gedolei Hatorsh convened in Marienbad to discuss if they would support the establishment of the State of Israel. Many posts regarding Marienbad can be found on the Shemittah Rediscovered blog https://shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com/search?q=marienbad and on the Chabad website chabad4israel.org. This was very important to the Rebbe to publicize.
- We have gatherings for Jewish Holidays like Tu B’Shvat, Chanuka, Tisha Ba’av and have held intimate AFSI meetings hosting interesting speakers like Rubin Margolis, President of Brooklyn ZOA, Rabbi Avi Schwartz about Palmach, Rabbi Raanan Isseroff about Marienbad. We are like a family, sharing Shabbat and Chagim, inviting one another to our personal Simchas. We hope to be a magnet for socializing to facilitate important and necessary Israel activism networking and for the young and the young at heart as an added bonus to possibly meet a prospective shidduch (OD Yishama 🙂 and/or enhance retirement all while strengthening our connection to our precious Land.
Prior Events/Projects/Lectures We Have Been Proud to Participate in and Promote
- Speaking tours of Moshe and Leah Goldsmith from Itamar
- Hachnossat Orchim Hebron – Alan Hirsh editor of the Brooklyn Vues raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for Hebron and for communities in Judea and Samaria. He raises money for Kiddushes in Maarat Machpelah and organizing a MASSIVE Kimche D’Pischa fundraising campaign literally to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for Pesach needs throughout Judea and Samaria.
- David Hatuel – Karmei Katif – formerly from Gush Katif, raising money for a Beit Knesset in memory of his first wife Tali and 4 girls hy”d murdered in 2004 by Arab terrorists
- Mimi Tzadok – Fundraising Dolev Homes for Youth
- David HaIvri of the Shomron
- Rachel’s Children Reclamation Foundation and the yearly Kever Rochel Dinner held at Manhattan Beach Jewish Center.
- Sderot Dinner
- Gush Katif Museum in Jerusalem, Executive Director Rabbi Shalom Dov Wolpo. Helped our Chabad friends with a fundraiser in Ralbag Hall, Crown Heights Brooklyn, featuring Mike Huckabee, John Bolton and Glenn Beck.
- Educating and raising awareness and funds to support the important work of David Bedein, Israel Resource News Agency and Center for Near East Policy Research, exposing UNRWA run schools and camps and their Jihad education prevalent in schools funded by United Nations and Europe and the US. David Bedein has extensively lobbied in United States Congress to end funding for such hate education.
Lorrie Fein, Co-Chair
Robin Ticker, Co-Chair
Binyomin Magden, Treasurer
The AFSI Brooklyn Blog raises awareness of AFSI events, posts AFSI’s newsletters and worthy local Brooklyn events and charities, pro-Israel events and speakers. We promote lecturers and organizations to help strengthen and inspire Jews to be more passionate, better Jews with a love of Israel and a love of the Jewish People and a love of Torah.
AFSI Activities in the Greater Rochester New York area
Hosted by Helen Freedman, Executive Director, Americans For a Safe Israel and Richard Allen of JCC Watch for a presentation: Israel’s Fight for Existence: THE ENEMY WITHIN
Co-sponsored Daniel Luria; Executive Director Ateret Cohanim, Jerusalem Israel for a presentation entitled: ‘Reclaiming Jerusalem’ An Evening of Solidarity & Support for a United Jerusalem. Hosted by Golan Schwartz, administrator Yeshivat HaGolan Hesder Yeshiva, Chispin, Israel
Represented AFSI in Toronto Canada at an event 40 Years of Jewish Re-Settlement of Judea and Samaria. The event was sponsored by the Shaarei Shomayim Synagogue in collaboration with The Jewish Heritage project. The invited speakers were Malachi Levinger, Mayor of Hebron/Kiryat Arba and Daniella Weiss, General Secretary of the Nachala Settlement Movement.