A political official presented Tuesday evening the outline for the deal to release dozens of hostages from Hamas captivity and emphasizes that “all the security forces, the Shin Bet and the Mossad are in favor of the outline and also the entire war cabinet is united in favor of the proposal.” The proposal was approved.
1. 50 living Israelis will be released in beats of 12-13 each day during the 4 days of respite. It is possible that more nationalities will be released, but they will not be at the expense of the quota of 50 Israelis.
2. During the ceasefire, Hamas will try to locate more abductees, estimating that it can locate up to 80 women and children.
3. An additional day of respite will be given for every additional ten that are released.
4. Kidnappers not in Hamas hands will also be released, Hamas is responsible for bringing them.
5. Murderers will not be released from Israeli prison.
6. The population of Gaza will not be allowed to return to the north of the Gaza Strip.
7. Fuel will enter the Gaza Strip, but only on the days of the ceasefire.
8. Fighting will resume immediately upon the end of the truce.
9. Collecting intelligence from the air will be suspended for 6 hours each day.
10. All the security branches – the IDF, Shin Bet and Mossad – supported the deal. The War Cabinet unanimously supports.
11. Israel insisted for two weeks not to accept the original proposal of Hamas.
12. After the deal is approved by the government, 24 hours will be given to petitions against it, after which it will be launched.
With all the sorrow and pain, this deal is part of Hamas’s fraudulent scheme to stop the war moments before its total collapse. It is imperative that Israel continue pressing to collapse the military arm of Hamas – and only then achieve a comprehensive deal.
Hostage release deal outline: 12 to be released each day, respite set for 4 days, by Israel National News, November 21, 2023
What is Netanyahu’s “Something Else”?, by Yehudit Katsover and Nadia Matar/Israel National News, November 22, 2023